Date:      Tue, 12 Jan 1999 21:19:41 -0500
From:      Tom Pusateri <pusateri@juniper.net>
To:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   _xmDrawingAreaWidgetClass

I recently installed the jdk1.1.7.V98-12-21.tar.gz package by updating
the ports collection and everything appeared to go smoothly.
I added /usr/local/jdk1.1.7/bin to my path.
However, when ever I try to run one of the demos, I get this same error:

pusateri [boone.cc.wake-forest.nc.us:80] appletviewer GraphApplet
Undefined symbol "_xmDrawingAreaWidgetClass" in java:/usr/local/jdk1.1.7/lib/i386/green_threads/libawt.so (libawt.so)
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no awt in shared library path
        at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary(Runtime.java)
        at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java)
        at
        at java.awt.Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit(Toolkit.java:394)
        at sun.applet.AppletCopyright.<init>(AppletCopyright.java:28)
        at sun.applet.AppletViewer.mainInit(AppletViewer.java:1030)
        at sun.applet.AppletViewer.main(AppletViewer.java:1039)

I've tried this with lesstif installed and un-installed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Tom