Date:      Sun, 16 Dec 2007 10:43:13 +0100
From:      Dominic Fandrey <LoN_Kamikaze@gmx.de>
To:        Thomas Zander <thomas.e.zander@googlemail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: multimedia/mplayer doesn't build (default options)

Thomas Zander wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 14/12/2007, Dominic Fandrey <LoN_Kamikaze@gmx.de> wrote:
>
>> ad_libvorbis.c:238: error: too few arguments to function 'vorbis_synthesis'
>> gmake[1]: *** [ad_libvorbis.o] Error 1
>> gmake[1]: Leaving directory
>
> Can't reproduce this error here. Given you are using default options,
> mplayer will get its includes from for vorbis from LOCALBASE. The
> current libvorbis installation from the ports tree
> (libvorbis-1.2.0_1,3) contains a codec.h that perfectly matches the
> argument list in ad_libvorbis.c:238.
> Do you have this libvorbis port installed correctly?
> You can also use mplayer's internal vorbis lib by selecting TREMOR in
> the options menu.
>
> Riggs

Apart from mplayer and mencoder all my ports are up to date. I even did a
# portupgrade -fuR mplayer
in my desperation (the old version of mplayer has problems with fullscreen
mode, since a couple of dependencies were updated).

I tried tremor before I did the portupgrade -fuR and it also didn't compile.
I'm trying tremor again, now. I'll let you know about the outcome.