Date:      Sat, 21 Sep 2002 17:59:55 -0700
From:      paul beard <pdb2@u.washington.edu>
To:        mobile <mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: still wrestling with audio on ThinkPad A20m

Doug White wrote:

> that was me.
>
> Add this to your kernel config, rebuild, reboot:
>
> device	pcm0 at isa? port 0x52c irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x10
>
> Works fine on -stable on my 600E.  -Current, well, you're on your own :)

well, there's evidently some difference between the E and the X
models.

How did you come up with that fix so I can perhaps figure out what
I should be doing? Sound used to work, which is why this is annoying.

I did send along some output from pciconf, etc. Any of that useful
at all?

--
Paul Beard / 8040 27th Ave NE / Seattle WA 98115 /
paulbeard [at] mac [ dot] com / 206 529 8400

weblog @ <http://paulbeard.no-ip.org/movabletype/>;

I went to the race track once and bet on a horse that was so good that
it took seven others to beat him!