Date:      Thu, 09 Nov 2000 15:52:09 -0800
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@urx.com>
To:        Josh Paetzel <jpaetzel@hutchtel.net>
Cc:        markp@utd.rochester.edu, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Trouble finding info

Josh Paetzel wrote:

> [...]

I have a 3C509B and it is called an Elink III. It uses the ep driver. There were
a number of cards that they called Elink III and some were really bad such as
the 3C595, which they quit supporting around a 1-2 years ago. The 3C595 uses the
vx driver. The problem is Elink III is sort of a family name that has been
around for many years.

If you don't want to open the box and see what the model is, I would try the ep
first and if that doesn't work, I would try the vx drivers. It will either work
or it won't.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart