Date:      Sun, 11 Feb 2007 23:35:05 -0500
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi+kde@aldan.algebra.com>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Java plugin fiasco in linux-firefox on amd64

Hello!

I have the linux-firefox (2.0) installed and added the linux-jdk14 today.

To use the plugin, I made the sym-link

	$PREFIX/lib/linux-firefox/plugins/libjavaplugin_oji.so

	$PREFIX/linux-sun-jdk1.4.2/jre/plugin/i386/ns610-gcc32/libjavaplugin_oji.so

The plugin was recognized upon restart, but an attempt to test it by
visiting Sun's own plugin-test page failed.

According to top, several java_vm processes where consuming all available CPUs
(I have 4). Killing them put firefox into UNKILLABLE state ("fdesc" according
to top).

I tried again after rebooting -- killing firefox _first_ worked.

The /compat/linux/proc is mounted here at boot. Is anyone using Java plugin
with linux-firefox on amd64 (FreeBSD-6.2-STABLE)?

Thanks!

	-mi