Date:      Tue, 1 May 2001 10:44:44 -0700 (PDT)
From:      bruno schwander <bschwand@dvart.com>
To:        <freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org>
Subject:   WinTV GO tuner card not working after mobo upgrade

I had been using my winTV go with fxtv on frebsd 4.2, on an ASUS A7V with
a duron 800MHz. Things got weird, buildworld would die and eventually the
pc would not boot.

Anyway, I have now an athlon 1GHz on an asus A7A266. Same other hardware.
I cvsuped/buildworld/makekernel to 4.3 stable.

symptom: whenever I start fxtv, the pc freezes. hard. nothing left to do
than a hard reset. I do get one or two frames of video displayed, and
sound.

I tried removing all cards but the  wintv and video (matrox dual head),
disabling anything (like USB) not used. Still same problem. With the sound
card in, the audio keeps playing after the freeze.

I checked IRQs assigned, no conflict. Only thing weird is that the wintv
grabs an irq, and then another multimedia devices (I assume part of the
wintv) grabs the same irq but I think this happened in the working config
with the A7V mobo and did not pose problem.

Any suggestions on what the problem could be ?

bruno