Date:      Sat, 16 Oct 1999 11:04:26 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jim Pazarena <paz@ccstores.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Running a DOS program under FreeBSD

 >Subject: Re: Running a DOS program under FreeBSD
 >From: courtney@whtz.com
 >To: ATeslik@aol.com
 >Cc: questions@freebsd.org
 >Date: Sat, 16 Oct 1999 13:39:31 -0400

 >because I need to run Samba on it in order to pull off a text file daily
 >with the transmitter readings.  Now with that being said and done, can
 >anybody help me out here??

I found a binary application which runs natively on FreeBSD, SCO, Linux
and a couple of others which can read (and INTERACT) with a serial
port:
     "SCom"
QTek,   http://www.sensorsoft.com

not only do they sell this extremely functional serial communication
program, they also sell temperature sensors, humidity sensors, remote
power on/off switches which can all be read using SCom, and which can
also be read remotely over the net (if you set up SCom in inetd.conf)

I didn't read your application for which you need DOS, but perhaps
you can do the whole solution using FreeBSD?

--
Jim Pazarena     mailto:paz@ccstores.com
                 http://www.qcislands.net/paz