Date:      Thu, 9 Nov 2000 18:24:39 -0600
From:      "Josh Paetzel" <jpaetzel@hutchtel.net>
To:        <jim@lust.geekhouse.net>
Cc:        <doc@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: conspectus for FreeBSD-questions

> Yeah, to be honest, I don't know if we actually thought anyone would
> pick up the -questions list :-)  I tend to agree that only resolved
> questions should be included, otherwise there will be a bunch of random
> crud scattered throughout it that doesn't make much sense when put along
> with the rest of it.
>
> The things that are brought up a lot should definitely be put into the
> FAQ.. that's kind of where some of it's sections have come from (when
> people get sick of saying the same things over and over again).

I am thinking about a freebsd-questions FAQ, as in, please read before you
post to freebsd-questions, not the general freebsd-FAQ.  I think this would
help to keep some of the redundant questions down....it would also give
you/us another chance to put in the plea to please use a meaningful topic
when you post and so on and so forth.

I pulled down the docproj port and all that....Are you thinking that I would
modify the webpage that people use to access the conspectus?  If so I will
need to throw some more drives in my FreeBSD box....I don't think I have the
600 megs free that it takes to build the webpages.  I was hoping that I
could just do the conspectus (that will be a project enough the way I see
it) and someone else could merge it into the website.  Let me know, I have
plenty of drives sitting around, it is just a pain to take my FBSD box down
as it is my gateway to the internet.

> > This looks like it could be fairly time consuming and I don't want to
> > waste a lot of effort going in the wrong direction.
>
> At least you know what you're in for :-)

I like the pain...I am thinking that I am going to try to get a conspectus
done for next week.  Playing with SGML right now.

Josh