Date:      Thu, 5 Apr 2001 16:22:46 -0500
From:      Glenn Johnson <glennpj@charter.net>
To:        "Aleksandar Simic'" <alex@frustum.clara.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, Dwalin <dwalin@haldjas.folklore.ee>
Subject:   Re: NEC IDE CD writer not working with burncd

On Thu, Apr 05, 2001 at 01:11:43PM +0100, Aleksandar Simic' wrote:

> Welcome to the club :)
>
> Some IDE CDR aren't supported because they use proprietary IDE
> additions. I've learned that the same, hard way as you.

No one has been able to answer my question about this.  Why is it that
these proprietary IDE additions that you refer to do not cause Linux to
trip?  I know that Linux uses ide-scsi emulation and FreeBSD does not,
but shouldn't these proprietary IDE additions cause the ide-scsi module

Glenn Johnson
glennpj@charter.net