Date:      Fri, 31 Mar 2000 19:10:51 -0500
From:      Mark Hendriks <markh@lon.imag.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: vmware configuration on 4.0-RELEASE

On Fri, 31 Mar 2000, Fredrik Carlén wrote:
> Hi! I am a web programmer trying desperately to get away from my NT
> environment, and I have therefore tried to get VMware running on
> FreeBSD4.0-RELEASE (since I have to check how my webpages look and
> function in Internet Explorer and Netscape on WinDOH$). However, I
> can't make the configuration wizard understand where 'netscape' and
> 'grep' is located...simply by not being able to choose (in the Motif
> file chooser) "/usr/local/" or
> "/usr/bin/" where they are located. No problem in finding them in bash
> (or sh, for that matter).

/usr/local/bin and /usr/bin is where the FBSD versions of these programs
would be located.  It sounds like you are trying to run FBSD programs from
VMWARE.

If you really are trying to run the Windows versions of these programs,
then, why?  Won't web pages look the same on the FBSD version of Netscape
as the Windows version?

Mark Hendriks
markh@lon.imag.net