Date:      Sat, 25 Nov 2000 17:57:36 -0700
From:      Chris Fedde <chris@fedde.littleton.co.us>
To:        01031149@3web.net
Cc:        Jim Durham <durham@w2xo.pgh.pa.us>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3.3R <--> win95

On Sat, 25 Nov 2000 15:47:34 mst7mst  "Duke Normandin" wrote:
 +------------------
 | I realize that my scenario is not the *usual* way! However, I use a free
 | ISP that insists in having users run his proprietary win95-only software.
 | His dialer does not even show up in $MS DUN window. So Internet
 | connections have to happen from the win95 side -- as far as I can tell. It
 | would be great if I could run Lynx from the FBSD box and trigger a
 | connection in the win95 box - but I've been told that win95 can't do that
 | ( I believe that the correct terminology is that it cannot "route").

There is routing software that runs on windows 95.  And you are
going to need that if you want to forward data through the windows
box.  But it is pretty unlikely that any routing software will work
given that your "ISP insists in having users run his proprietary
win95-only software."  Most of this stuff depends on things following the
normal conventions.

If I were you I'd be looking for a different ISP.

--
    Chris Fedde