Date:      Fri, 8 May 1998 11:44:05 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Richard J. Kuhns" <rjk@grauel.com>
To:        Slyce <slyce@onramp.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   C/Base Question....

Slyce writes:
 > Has anyone had experience with using C/Base 4GL??? Was wondering if it
 > would be useful to design a database to add/delete/update passwd file
 > for user network access... basically to add new users to a local isp
 > from remote locations, rhather than using the standard adduser script???

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you want to do.

If you're wanting to use C/Base to maintain the system password files, I'm
afraid you're SOL. C/Base 4GL works reasonably well with it's own data
files, but that's about it.  If you want to work with any non-C/Base files,
you have to write your own code in C (or TCL) to do it.

Hope this helps...

			- Rich

--
Richard Kuhns			rjk@grauel.com