Date:      Mon, 10 Jan 2000 16:51:38 +0100
From:      Borja Marcos <borjamar@sarenet.es>
To:        Rick Hamell <hamellr@aracnet.com>
Cc:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Gigabyte Athlon motherboard

Rick Hamell wrote:

>         I've exerienced about an 8% loss on these motherboards due to
> minor power surges alone, not to mention a multitude of small problems. I
> highly suggest you go with Soltek or Asus, both work great under FreeBSD
> and Windows if now problems.

	Minor power surges? Loss? Do you mean *broken* boards?

	Here in Spain it can be quite difficult to buy an Athlon
Asus board... most dealers only carry the most frequently sold items.

	Borja.

Borja Marcos                    * Internet: borjam@we.lc.ehu.es
Alangoeta, 11 1 izq             *           borjamar@sarenet.es
48990 - Algorta (Vizcaya)       *           borjam@uninet.edu