Date:      Thu, 29 Dec 2016 11:14:32 +0800
From:      Ben Woods <woodsb02@gmail.com>
To:        "Zane C. B-H." <v.velox@vvelox.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: what broke?

> On 28 Dec. 2016, at 11:56 am, Zane C. B-H. <v.velox@vvelox.net> wrote:
>=20
>> On 2016-12-27 12:31, Zane C. B-H. wrote:
>> On Tue, 27 Dec 2016 08:28:54 -0600
>> "Zane C. B-H." <v.velox@vvelox.net> wrote:
>>> Just did an svn update and I am seeing synth, portupgrade, and
>>> portupgrade-devel give me errors like this.
>>> Scan
>>> of /arc/src/FreeBSD/ports/head/multimedia/gstreamer1-plugins-core
>>> failed (port deleted), it will not be considered.
>>> The directories I've checked and very much are there.
>>> ftp/curl is one that will throw that for me as well. Rebuilding that
>>> port manually and reinstalling got the error to go away.
>>> Does not appear to happen with all, just some.
>> Been testing with rebuilding some more and rebuilding and
>> reinstalling any of those ports via hand works. The problem does not
>> come back after that. I've been unable to figure out what the root
>> cause of this is.
>=20
> Been disecting this some more and it appears anything broken was installed=
 with the wrong origin.
>=20
> Basically it used the full path, so ftp/curl would become /usr/ports/ftp/c=
url.
>=20
> Which in turn meant portupgrade and the like looking for /usr/ports/usr/po=
rts/ftp/curl.

I have not seen any problems like this on my system.

Can you please tell us a bit more about your environment?
What is the contents of /etc/make.conf?
What is mounted at /arc/src/...
Is there a symlink at /use/ports pointing to your ports directory (not neces=
sary, just curious).
What version of FreeBSD are you using?
Are your port tools up to date (e.g. What version of synth are you using)?
Anything else unusual about your setup?

Regards,
Ben=