Date:      Mon, 3 Feb 1997 14:25:16 -0500 (EST)
From:      Charles Henrich <henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD on a floppy?

Im attempting to build a floppy (much like the install floppy) that will run a
very small FreeBSD kernel, with just enough bits to initiate a ppp connection
and start up a telnet session.  The provlem is I cant seem to find anything
about how to go about

A) building the kernel with the MFS in it

    and

B) Getting that kernel image to load from a floppy.

I've gone through the mailing lists to no avail.

If someone out there could summerize I'll write up a bit for the FreeBSD
handbook on how to go about accomplishing this feat..  Thanks!

-Crh

       Charles Henrich     Michigan State University     henrich@msu.edu

                         http://pilot.msu.edu/~henrich