Date:      Mon, 20 Aug 2001 02:08:15 +0100
From:      "Mark Hughes" <mark@dvdnews.co.uk>
To:        "Beech Rintoul" <akbeech@anchoragerescue.org>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Apache question

> I would like to direct referrals from a specific site to a special page
on
> our server. Is there a way to do this? I am running the latest port of
> apache+mod_php.

With PHP you can put something like this:

<?php
if ($test=strstr($HTTP_REFERER,"http://www.example.com/")) {
    header("Location: target_url");
}
?>

....at the start of the page being linked to (or all pages on your site if
you wish), which will put all visitors who linked from any page on
example.com to your page identified by target_url. This must come before
any output is sent to the browser in a HTML page (else you can no longer
send headers). target_url can be relative or absolute.

It may also be possible through your native apache config, althoguh I don't
know how off the top of my head.

Hope this helps,
Mark