Date:      Fri, 19 Oct 2007 17:37:59 -0700
From:      "Jason Dobyns" <jason@vlaze.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Linux samba server, Freebsd client

Hello,

My smb server is run from a linux CentOS 5 machine.

When I mount the share in Freebsd all the files are owned by root

SMB Server permissions

-rwxrwxr-x  1 httpd  httpd    21868 Oct 17 22:06 index.php

Freebsd Client Share permissions

-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel     21868 Oct 18 05:06 index.php

I have the httpd user and group with matching UID and GID on the freebsd
client.

What do I have to do to get the permissions to come through. Do I need an
option on the mount_smbfs command?

smb.conf

[global]

        workgroup = vlaze

        server string = storage1.blahblah.com

        encrypt passwords = True

        security = user

        smb passwd file = /etc/smbpasswd

        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m

        socket options = IPTOS_LOWDELAY TCP_NODELAY

        dns proxy = No

        name resolve order = lmhosts host bcast

        bind interfaces only = True

        interfaces = eth1

        hosts allow = ALL

        debug level = 1

        create mask = 0777

        directory mask = 0777

        level2 oplocks = True

        read raw = no

        write cache size = 262144

        read raw = yes

        write raw = yes

        log level = 3                      # Default is 0

        oplocks = yes                      # Default

        max xmit = 65535                   # Default

        dead time = 15                     # Default is 0

        getwd cache = yes

[vlaze]

        path = /opt/www

        writable = Yes