Date:      Mon, 23 Jun 1997 09:23:17 -0700
From:      Craig Chabala <cbc@plaza.ds.adp.com>
To:        "'cbc@plaza.ds.adp.com'" <cbc@plaza.ds.adp.com>, "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Scanning mail for virus on FreeBSD

Good morning
I am attempting to find a virus scanner (free or otherwise) that will run with
FreeBSD 2.0 and sendmail 8.6.9

(yes, out of date, but that's what I have to work with)

I have 2 of the above systems providing mail services for aprox. 600 users, so any information on impact of scanning large volumes of mail on the server side will be appreciated.

Yes, I know it is better to have the clients scan mail, but with the # of users we have, everyone is 'always' out of date with virus dat files, we haven't implemented pushing the dat files to the clients, and I need a 'quick and dirty' solution for scanning mail.

Thanks
-Craig