Date:      Wed, 27 Feb 2002 17:03:01 -0600
From:      "Hamilton Hoover" <hamilton.hoover@onebox.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        hhoover@724.com
Subject:   natd & ipfw config with 5 NICS

Hi all,

I'm setting up a site that I'd like to have four separate networks connected

through a single gateway/firewall with five network interfaces.

Two Public (real IPs) interfaces on the same network with different IPs
realIP1
realIP2

Three Private (fake IPS) interfaces on three separate networks
192.168.1
192.168.2
192.168.3

I want to break it down in to two groups

site1
realIP1 --> 192.168.1

This is the only one I currently have running and works fine. I basicly
allow
ftp, http, https. I am using redirect_port for the protocols I want to
allow
in. I will change to redirect_address when I add site 2.

site2
realIP2 --> 192.168.2
realIP2 --> 192.168.3

On this site I want to allow traffic for web to the DMZ 192.168.2 and

dns to 192.168.3. I also want to allow certain traffic from 192.168.3
-->
192.168.2. I am unsure if I can have multiple nat devices and will a
second
nat'ed device conflict with the one from site1?

There are no outbound restrications and I'm using ipfw for firewalling.
All
of the 192.168 wail need to send packets to the internet.

So is it possible to list more then one nat interface? Is there a better
way
to do what I want here and keep three private nets?

I currently running FreeBSD 4.4-RELEASE

tia!
Hamilton