Date:      Mon, 29 Apr 2002 09:04:15 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Jarkko Santala <jake@iki.fi>
To:        Daniel Jung <noreponse@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: dc0, only 10baseT/UTP?

On Mon, 29 Apr 2002, Daniel Jung wrote:

> After moving to stable from 4.4 release as of yesterday, my pws 500au's NIC
> (dc0) became only 10baseT/UTP. I have tried setting the media to 100base
> but then

What do you have on the other and of the cable? If you force one end to
100baseTX you should also force the other end to same speed. In many cases
forcing a certain speed will completely disable any negotiation.

I've had numerous autonegation problems with my DE500 on the AS1000 I
have, thus I've forced both ends to 100baseTX full-duplex. No problems
after that.

	-jake

--
Jarkko Santala <jake@iki.fi>       http://www.iki.fi/jake/
System Administrator               Cell. +358 40 720 4512