Date:      Wed, 12 Jan 2005 16:22:36 +0100
From:      "Colin J. Raven" <colin@kenmore.kozy-kabin.nl>
To:        Nico Meijer <nico.meijer@zonnet.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Trouble starting MySQL

On Jan 12 at 15:41, Nico Meijer launched this into the bitstream:

> Hi Colin,
>
> I missed part of the thread, so I'm sorry if I'm dead wrong here.
>
>> Do you mean that one (or other, or both) must *also* be installed for
>> php to have any clue that MySQL exists?
>
> You need php4-mysql for that. php4-extensions is a meta-port. Read the
> pkg-descr in /usr/ports/lang/php4-extensions/. php4-extensions will
> install php4-mysql for you.

Hey Nico, long time, no see! Happy New Year.
OK, I installed php4-extensions and it made precisely zero difference
(selected every-damn-thing-on-the-list)

I have *no* idea what to do next, none. As far as I can see, phpinfo.php
shows no sign of MySQL. Thus, I assume php is still braindead to the
existence of MySQL. (I restarted MySQL before running phpinfo.php again
"just in case")

[mumble]