Date:      Tue, 21 May 2013 17:36:18 -0700
From:      Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert@komquats.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, freebsd-gecko@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Firefox 21.0 Crash

In message <997344171-1369083778-cardhu_decombobulator_blackberry.rim.net-10
735
04366-@b17.c23.bise6.blackberry>, "Cy Schubert" writes:
> Hi,
>
> I'm experiencing firefox crashes since updating to 21.0. It works properly fo
> llowing the restore of my ~/.mozilla directory however subsequently it crashe
> s on start-up or shortly thereafter. Googling firefox 21.0 crash brings up fo
> ur or five hits at the Mozilla support forums site, so this may need to be es
> calated to our upline (I'd open a PR but I'm away from my computer at the mom
> ent). Can our Gecko team bring this up with our upline?
>
> A couple of data points. I can reproduce this at will on two laptop computers
> . However, exporting DISPLAY on a server downstairs and running it from there
>  works. Sometimes it will die due to an XCB error while other times it's due
> to multiple segfaults. I think this should be brought to the attention of our
>  upline.
>
> Please cc me at Cy.Schubert@komquats.com (or cy@FreeBSD.org) as I don't norma
> lly use my Blackberry (gmail account) for FreeBSD related emails. Thanks.

It appears building with clang-devel produces a stable firefox binary. It
may yet prove me wrong and start causing me trouble later but at the moment
this seems to be the fix.

--
Cheers,
Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert@komquats.com>