Date:      Wed, 18 Jun 2003 13:15:52 -0700
From:      Michael Collette <metrol@metrol.net>
To:        "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
Subject:   Re: 5.1 - should I?

On Monday 16 June 2003 07:40 pm, you wrote:
> Here are the files from my T30. If you didn't see it, there was a post
> on mobile suggesting SC_NO_SUSPEND_VTYSWITCH.

Well, after continuing to smack my head firmly against this laptop over and
over again with 4.8-STABLE I've decided to give 5.1 a shot.  Base install is
done, and now working in getting it all upgraded.

Folks weren't joking when they were saying ACPI is broken.  Seemed like the
entire boot process was a string of ACPI error messages.

Kevin, thanks for the config files.  In looking these over it's quite apparent
that they'll be extremely helpful as I go about tweaking this box into play.
I hadn't noticed how much of LINT I had stuck in my memory for 4.8 until
seeing all those odd looking new options for 5.

Going to try getting RELEASE to play nice here, and failing that I'll just
move this box on up to CURRENT.  Taking this user on a trip over the bleeding
edge! :)

Once I get a little play time behind me on this I'll get a follow up post on
how things went.

Later on,
--
"Always listen to experts.  They'll tell you what can't be done, and why.
Then do it."