Date:      Fri, 30 Oct 1998 15:01:30 -0700 (MST)
From:      Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu>
To:        Kai Richardson <Kai.Richard@dsams.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Web Browser

Hi,

> 	I have installed FreeBSD 2.2.7 on a PC and I am trying to locate
> a compatible web browser like Netscape or Mosaic.  So far I have been
> unable to find anything that says it will work with FreeBSD.  Any
> suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Did you install the ports tree?  If so you can do the following:

	cd /usr/ports/www
	ls (lots of netscape versions possible)
	cd your_preferred_netscape_version
	make install clean

(you need to do this as root)

The same can be done for Mosaic if you prefer.

If you didn't install the ports collection you can install Netscape or
Mosaic through the packages collection.  If you have it on CD you need to
find the appropriate package CD and do a pkg_add.  If you want to install
via the internet you can do the following:

pkg_add
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/packages-2.2.7/www/mosaic-2.7b5.tgz
(all one line)

or

pkg_add
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/packages-2.2.7/www/netscape-3.04.tgz
(all one line again)

or

pkg_add
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/packages-2.2.7/www/netscape-
communicator-4.05.tgz
(all one line again)

or

pkg_add
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/packages-2.2.7/www/netscape-
navigator-4.05.tgz
(all one line again)

Brett
Brett Taylor            brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu
http://peloton.physics.montana.edu/brett/

"There is something uncanny in the noiseless rush of the cyclist,
 as he comes into view, passes by, and disappears."
					 -   Popular Science, 1891