Date:      Wed, 6 Jun 2001 11:51:02 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        Riccardo.Veraldi@fi.infn.it
Cc:        "David O'Brien -Alpha" <freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG>, <alpha@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: how does the 4.3 ISO work for you?

Riccardo.Veraldi@fi.infn.it writes:

 > actually installing ISO 4.3 FreeBSD alpha it hs some little problem in my
 > case with Xfree. IT lacks the Xset package (XF86Setup) only this I found
 > not working, all the rest is ok for me, but that is only my experience

As David mentioned just last week:

   The "graphical" XFree86 configuration program -- XF86Setup program
   *requires* the VGA16 server.  This server does NOT build on the
   Alpha.  Not just FreeBSD/alpha, but AlphaLinux and Tru86 also.

   The issue with using the text-only xf86config is that it does not
   know about moused's sysmouse.  Thus you either cannot use moused,
   or you must hack the /etc/XF86Config file xf86config creates to
   specify sysmouse.

Sigh..

Drew