Date:      Fri, 11 Jun 2004 13:47:17 +0200
From:      "Emil A Eklund" <eae@eae.net>
To:        "Karsten Fuhrmann" <karsten_fuhrmann@cartoon-film.de>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: SCSI too slow

The 29160UW adapter has two internal lvd connectors, only one of those
supports Ultra-160, the other one is provided for older equipment, since a
SCSI chain will only operate as fast as the slowest device on it. Therefor
make sure that the devices that supports Ultra-160 (or Ultra 2 Wide if thats
what you have) is on the Ultra-160 connector, while the slower devices is on
the other. If my memory is not failing me the Ultra-160 connector is the one
to the left.

Also, check your SCSI Bios, it has some speed related settings.

/Emil A Eklund (eae@eae.net)