Date:      Fri, 22 Nov 2002 06:48:47 -0800
From:      paul beard <paulbeard@mac.com>
To:        Ben Turner <turnball_@hotmail.com>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem with the upgrade and now I need to rollback.. =/

Ben Turner wrote:

> Ok well I attempted the upgrade on a remote machine from 4.6 to
> 5.0 and it
> failed, miserably. Before it failed, it was throwing a message
> across the
> screen as to the location where it backed up the existing
> kernel. Does
> anyone, by chance, know the default location and filename for
> the kernel
> backup?

I may be off here, but mine always end up as kernel.old and
kernel.GENERIC, both in /

> Also, if anyone has a link on the rollback procedure on a
> FreeBSD kernel
> (4.6) that would be greatly appreciated also. My searches on
> FreeBSD.org and
> google haven't turned up much. Mostly mysql documents which I
> find a little
> hard to believe that mysql has that much higher ranking pages
> then the
> FreeBSD site.

that's understandable: rollback is a database operation and is
likely to generate lots of pages, for reasons not dissimilar to
yours.

--
Paul Beard / 8040 27th Ave NE / Seattle WA 98115 /
paulbeard [at] mac [ dot] com / 206 529 8400

weblog @ <http://paulbeard.no-ip.org/movabletype/>;

Howe's Law:
	Everyone has a scheme that will not work.