Date:      Wed, 19 Apr 2000 09:23:01 -0700
From:      Marco Molteni <molter@sofia.csl.sri.com>
To:        FreeBSD-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Unix course

On Tue, 18 Apr 2000, Chuck Robey wrote:

> Has anyone taken that videotape course, given by Kirk McKusick, called
> "4.4BSD Kernel Internals: An Intensive Code Walkthrough"?  I think it was
> done through UC Berkeley (I might be wrong on that)?

I am following the course right now at UCB. Highly recommended,
although, as the title says, it is a "code walkthrough". You are
supposed to already know well how a unix kernel works. A prerequisite
of this course is the other course by Kirk or having read and
understood his book, "The design and implementation of the 4.4BSD
Operating System"

As an anecdote, Kirk wears a different beastie T-shirt each class and
explains the origin of it :-)

Marco
--
Marco Molteni "rough consensus and running code"
SRI International, System Design Laboratory