Date:      Mon, 31 Jan 2000 01:23:53 -0800
From:      Brent Kearney <brent@kearneys.ca>
To:        Chris O'Callaghan <chrisoc@bestweb.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Install behind firewall; FTP over HTTP proxies.

On Mon, Jan 31, 2000 at 04:14:29AM -0600, Chris O'Callaghan wrote:
> This message ended in my inbox because of my poor procmail rules, but I
> believe I can help you. You should be able to do an ftp install of freebsd
> through squid using the passive ftp option. You simply put the ftp server
> name before an @ symbol and the ip of your proxy,
> ie.   ftp.cdrom.com@proxy.yournet.com.
>
> Brent,  please correct me if I am wrong :)
>
> Chris O'Callaghan		chrisoc@bestweb.net
> President			Shelob Design and Engineering
> (413) 323-0042

I think Damian's difficulty is (partially) due to his not having control
over the firewall at his university.  I assume this firewall allows http,
but not ftp, proxy services.  Sorry, I should have quoted more of his
message.  I know if I were to ask ACS at my university to open the proxy
for ftp, they'd chuckle a bit before hanging up on me ;)

-brent