Date:      Sat, 28 Aug 1999 02:22:11 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Kenny Drobnack <kdrobnac@mission.mvnc.edu>
To:        Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
Cc:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>, mkc@Graphics.Cornell.EDU, rivers@dignus.com, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Intel Merced FreeBSD???

> The trade rags here insist it has already happened: M$ stopped 64 bit Alpha
> NT. Beats me if it is true or not.

	Here's the confusing part: they say M$ stopped making 64 bit Alpha
NT, but some say they are actually developing Win2000 64 bit for Alpha's.
Since 2000 is NT based, you'd think that support was dropped for it too,
but then I heard a couple rumors about Win2000 64 bit for Alpha... I don't
know. I think I will wait until marketing clears up at least a little bit,
until you know what OS's your hardware can run before buying anything
new...

-----

 We are now the Knights who say...
	"Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-PTANG! Zoom-Boing! Z'nourrwringmm!"

----