Date:      Tue, 13 Mar 2007 16:09:26 -0500
From:      Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen@math.missouri.edu>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Why so many tcl's and tk's

Are the different versions of tcl and tk really not backwards compatible
with earlier versions?  I can guess that there have been heated
conversations about this, but a my look at the mailing list archives
didn't give me anything.  But it sure would be much nicer if there was
just a tcl and a tcl-devel port or something like that.  Are there
really applications that need tcl83 but break on tcl84?

Stephen