Date:      Mon, 23 Dec 2002 16:53:26 -0800
From:      Brendon and Wendy <brendy33@attbi.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Testing 5.0-rc2 (5.0-current as of 12/23/02)

All,

Just a quick report - testing 5.0 rc2 on a dual xeon 2.0G (Supermicro p4d=
ce+).=20
Seems that if I compile the kernel with CPU greater that I486_CPU, the=20
machine will boot, startx, be usable for a random period of time and then=
=20
lock up.

I dont know if the lockups occur in single CPU mode or not.

I have an NVidia Ti4200 card - the fault seems independant of whether I u=
se=20
the NVidia GLX driver or not.

Cant find any oopses in /var/log/messages - is that the correct place to =
look?

If theres an information I can provide, please let me know - the lockup i=
s=20
100% reproducable.

Cheers,
Brendon