Date:      Mon, 31 Aug 1998 09:31:14 -0700
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, jb@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The Day After, initial reports.

In article <12163.904569770@time.cdrom.com>,
Jordan K. Hubbard <jkh@time.cdrom.com> wrote:

> No, no, yes. :) OK, I've set OBJFORMAT=aout in /etc/objformat now and
> my kernels build much better, thanks.  It *used* to be set to aout
> before I ran the aout-to-elf target, that's all I can say. :-)

No, you want OBJFORMAT=elf in /etc/objformat for an elf
system.  John B's other fix (changing BINFORMAT to OBJFORMAT in
sys/i386/conf/Makefile.i386) is the correct one, I believe.

If you just can't get it working, then build your kernels like
until the problem is solved:

    OBJFORMAT=aout BINFORMAT=aout make

John