Date:      Sat, 27 Nov 1999 16:37:39 -0800
From:      Frankie Li <notme@lvdi.net>
To:        BriGuy1024@aol.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to Install 2nd, 3rd, 4th CD's of 3.3-Release?

It won't ask for all of them.
The second CD is a live filesystem that allows you
to savage your system when a disaster occurred. (or
you can run of that system, if your hard drive space
is limited.)
The third and forth CD, as I recall, contains the
installation files for the port directory.  Those
you will have to browse through the package/port
collection from /stand/sysinstall to install.  Either
that or go directly to /usr/ports to install the
software.  I'm not sure how much hard drive space
you have, but I'm pretty sure you won't want to
install all of the software.  After all, including
just the majority of the installation files would
be around 1200 MB already, and they are all compressed.

For more information, go to www.freebsd.org or take
a look into Greg's book on FreeBSD.

I hope this helps.

Frankie