Date:      Wed, 14 Mar 2001 20:47:01 GMT
From:      Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@inwind.it>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Dumb "Raw mode" CD copying question...

Dear FreeBSD'ers,

I have been using mkisofs and cdrecord to burn my own CDs (the
combination works delightfully :-)); I have taken a look at
ports/sysutils, as well as issuing a make search in the ports directory,=

and searching the FreeBSD archives. BTW, I have also used such programs
as cdrao to copy my audio CDs. So copying audio Cds/tracks/files (per se=
)
is no issue. Yet I am missing something probably very trivial.

How am I supposed to perform a **raw** copy of a CD (viz audio CDs) ?
AFAIR, LoseBlows people can do it (via CloneCD or something like that).

dd(1), even with the noerror value, and sdd(1) do NOT seem to be able to=

copy audio CDs whereas I have seamlessly copied my ISO images. What am I=

missing?

TIA (with apologies for the dumb question),
Salvo