Date:      Sat, 26 May 2001 22:45:40 -0500
From:      Jorge Biquez <jbiquez@icsmx.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Advice on ISP services Please.

Hello all.

I used Freebsd 3.2 for more than a year for publishing personal web pages
of friends and mine. I upgraded to 4.2 this week and my 2 servers are
working very good. Since nobody else has access to my machine I haven't
implemented "normal" things for ISP services I'm running only apache with
some CGIs and thats all.

I have a friend that sell web hosting on an NT machine that shares with
about 200 clients. One site of one client was hacked last week and lot of
clients are cancelling their services since they are afraid they have
problems also. My friend asked me to change his NT machine for Freebsd
since he know I have been doing it for a while.

I was wondering if any of you would like to point me to the correct place
to implement the following. I do not want that you solved me my problem but
that give me some hints on what to study and maybe mistakes I should avoid.
I'd like to learn myself.

- How to restrict the access of FTP to only the specified directory of the
user. And that they can not see other users directories.
- How to implement quotas with FTP so users only can have a limit on space.
- How to avoid users have access to telnet services.
- How to avoid that a script of a user can consume lot of resources and
could crash the machine.

Mail servers are run on other machine as well as DNS.
What other important points am I missing?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

JB