Date:      Sat, 18 Oct 2008 16:21:47 +0200
From:      "Sandra Kachelmann" <s.kachelmann@googlemail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   disable ipv6 lookups

I'd like to disable ipv6 (AAAA) lookups entirely since I'm not using
ipv6 at all. I tried taking INET6 out of my kernel but i still see
AAAA lookups being made. I stumbled accross some references in old
resolv.conf manpages (it's not in there anymore) about where you can
enable inet6 but not on how you can disable them at all.

Why are AAAA lookups default anyway? I mean hardly anybody is unsing
ipv6 other than some geeks over tunnels. I'd love to use it when i can
get it w/o tunnel but i'd say 99% of all users out there waste cpu
cycles on making AAAA lookups even though they don't have ipv6 suport.

Sorry if this sounds kinda whiny, I am seriously wondering about this.

Sandra