Date:      Sun, 3 Aug 1997 10:01:50 -0600 (MDT)
From:      bgingery@gtcs.com
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ports/4219: Submitted TkRef for ports

>Number:         4219
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       TkRef submitted to Ports
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Release:        FreeBSD 2.2.1-RELEASE i386
>Environment:

     Tested with FreeBSD ``wish'' 4.1, 4.2 and 4.2jp  (Tcl 7.5/7.6)

      A simple GUI reference tool for Tcl/Tk, Tix, Tnm, and related
    utilities and libraries.  Written all in Tcl/Tk.  It consolidates
    a quick-reference about the various commands and widgets.  Each
    is labelled as to being a ``widget'', part of ``Safe Tcl'' (hence
    usable in SCRIPT embedding in HTML), and all included items are
    indexed in a browser at the left of the window.

      No ManPages because it *is* essentially a condensed manpage.
    although all it repeats from the Manpages is what belongs in the
    SYNOPSIS.  I set it for `devel/' and `x11/'

      67654 bytes installed in a single script, plus 4k for the package
    registry in /var/db/pkg/   Port .tgz'd to 993 bytes, including
    md5 file, distribution .tar.gz'd to 18414 bytes, and package,
    similarly tgz'd to 19557 bytes.  Installs belonging to root.staff
    so if that's not your preference (it *is* mine), change the Makefile
    before installing.  With this dinky size, all 3 are in incoming/

>How-To-Repeat:

       Although I've not tried it on Mac, Windows nor Windows95/NT, it
     *should* work and be accurate for versions up to the v8 that's in
     alpha or beta, now.  But FreeBSD gets it first :)  I haven't even
     gotten it up on my site yet.  (will be at

>Fix:

     When someone at FreeBSD.org needs to get a quickie out of the way,
     this should take little time to validate and move into the tree.