Date:      Wed, 30 Aug 1995 15:17:24 +1000 (EST)
From:      Anthony Hill <ahill@connect.com.au>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   rsynth port for 2.0.5

Hello all,

What is the problem with rsynth in the 2.0.5 ports ?  I tryed to get it a
couple of month ago - and this is as far as I got.

ahill# pwd
/usr/ports/audio/rsynth
ahill# make install
>> rsynth-1.4.tar.gz doesn't seem to exist on this system.
>> Attempting to fetch from
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-current/ports/distfiles/
/pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-current/ports/distfiles/rsynth-1.4.tar.gz: No such file.
>> Couldn't fetch it - please try to retreive this
>> port manually into /usr/ports/distfiles and try again.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
ahill#

Make install fails cause it trys to fetch rsynth-1.4.tar.gz from
the distfiles dir on ftp.freebsd.org, which only contains
rsynth-2.0.tar.gz.

If I try to fetch rsynth-1.4.tar.gz from another site, make complains
that it fails the CRC check.

In short what do you have to do to get rsynth working on 2.0.5-R ?

Thanks

Anthony
Anthony Hill					    www.connect.com.au
connect.com.au				       www.interconnect.com.au
You are in a maze of twisty little command interpreters, all different