Date:      Thu, 9 Jun 2005 15:47:18 -0600
From:      Denis Lemire <dlemire@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Heimdal Kerberos with LDAP support

I would like to setup Heimdal Kerberos and use OpenLDAP to store its databa=
se.

Too my knowledge the kerberos installation in the base of FreeBSD 5.4
does not support LDAP. I could install from ports but then I end up
with two kerberos installations which is sure to give me a headache
somewhere down the line.

How can I replace the Kerberos installation in the base with the one
from ports with LDAP support?

Apologies if this is a common question, but I can't seem to find an answer.

Regards,

Denis Lemire