Date:      Fri, 14 Dec 2001 22:21:35 -0800
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Nizar Sedki <nizar_sedki@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Will FreeBSD work on my Sony Vaio?

Nizar Sedki wrote:

> If so which platform type should I download?  Thank you very much:)

Yes.  But do not expect the Winmodem to work, and you will need
to hack a single axis, one buttom mouse device, if you want to
make the "jog dial" work (took me a couple of hours, but the code
is incredibly unclean, license-wise AND code-wise AND style-wise...
as I said, a hack).

Also, though the hardware could support it, there's no easy way to
seperate the left button from the touchpad tap "button" to get a
"3 button mouse" without chording.

-- Terry