Date:      Fri, 10 Nov 1995 23:57:18 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        jdl@chromatic.com
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Here's why you should post about *BEER*

> Apparently, "Jordan K. Hubbard" scribbled:
> > > Personally, I prefer Bass Ale. Any Brits out there?
> >
> > Bass?  Horse Pee by comparison to ESB or Oatmeal Stout or even a good
> > bottle of Wards.  Any of the Fuller's tied houses in Richmond (London)
> > can serve you up a much better glass then you'll ever get from a
> > mainstream ale like BASS! :-)
>
> Wait a minute.  I thought Jordan was rumored to be a non-beer drinker.
> This betrays way, way too much knowledge for that to be true, though...

Heh..  You make some unfounded assumptions there..  It is true that I
do not touch beer or any other form of alcohol and have not for over 7
years now (I stopped drinking on July 31st, 1988).

Before that, well..  Let's just say that stories are still sometimes
told in hushed tones around campfires.  The 90MPH races across Golden
Gate Bridge on a motorcycle with my eyes shut, just to see if I could
do it by feel.  The standing edict at U.C. Berkeley's EECS department
to never, EVER go drinking with Jordan if you wanted to finish the
evening standing up, not to mention the next day.  The saying: "Beer -
It's not just for breakfast anymore." that remains a standard
expression at U.C.  The infamous 3 day imported beer parties at my
house where cases of beer not sold in the U.S. were shipped in
air-freight for the occasion, cost no object (the result of many
fact-finding trips to Europe where I collected beer bottles and
brewery telephone numbers in great quantities).  The long, though not
entirely unfriendly association with the S.F Police Dept. that we'll
not elaborate on here (along with many other stories of a somewhat
darker nature).

Yes, one could say I've had a few beers in my time.  In truth, there
are probably very few brewed on this planet that I've not tasted, some
more than once.. :-) My travels in search of beer exotica took me far
and wide and I probably know the word for "beer" in more languages
than I can remember.. :-)

Now, however, I simply teetotal with the best of them.

					Jordan