Date:      Wed, 13 Nov 2013 00:08:01 +0100
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: unbound and ntp in FreeBSD 10 Beta 3

On Tue, 12 Nov 2013 17:53:40 -0500, Gerard Seibert wrote:
> From what I can find, I only have to place that declaration
> in the rc.conf file to get unbound working. I found the info
> here:  http://blog.des.no/2013/09/local-caching-resolver-in-freebsd-10/
> However, I am not sure if I am also supposed to put the "service
> local_unbound start" line into the rc.conf file also. If not;
> how am I supposed to start the service?  I think the directions
> could use a little clarification.

Even though /etc/rc.conf is a shell script (i. e., it is
being sourced by other shell scripts), it should only
contain the variable declarations. The entry

	local_unbound_enable="YES"

should be sufficient to start unbound at system startup
automatically.

This entry is a requirement also for manually starting
unbound after the system has been started, with the command

	# service local_unbound start

as you've correctly mentioned.

--
Polytropon