Date:      Sun, 9 Jun 2002 18:41:31 +0200
From:      Alessandro de Manzano <adm@unixmania.net>
To:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
Cc:        randall ehren <randall@ucsb.edu>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make buildworld problems

On Sat, Jun 08, 2002 at 04:26:48PM -0700, Matthew Dillon wrote:

> :any ideas as to why something would need to execute from /var during a make
> :buildworld?
> :
> :thanks again,
> :
> :        - randall s. ehren       :// 805.893.5632
>
>     Ah ha!  Excellent, I'm glad you got it working.
>
>     I suspect the issue with /var may be related to /var/tmp.  If you
>     ktrace -i that portion of the build and look for '/var' in the kdump
>     I'll bet it will become obvious.

I add myself to the list: why a (nosuid+)noexec /var should be a problem for
the build/install system ?

I've just config'ed my /var's to be (also) noexec and I planned for
tomorrow a rebuild of all systems but now I'm worried... ;-)

Could you or someone else, please, spread light on this ? :-)

many thanks in advance!

--

bye!

Ale