Date:      Wed, 4 Oct 1995 03:44:26 -0700
From:      angelo@nsipo.nasa.gov
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Quantum Grand Prix XP34301

I have been trying to get my new Quantum Grand Prix XP34301 working with my old
Adaptec 1742 controller for the past month. I first had to update the BIOS and
the micro code on the controller card along with new software. The update should
allow the card to access data on the disk that is greater then 1GByts. I did not
have any problems with this part on the update.

While trying to low level format the drive I get the error seen below. The error
occurred after about 32 minutes.

INTR : Format completed with SCB error (C)
INTR : Format completed with SCB error (C)
INTR : Format completed with SCB error (C)

I believe that SCB stand for SCSI Control Block. I really don't know what SCB
is.

Do I have a bad drive or have I done something wrong? Has anyone ran into this?

Thanks,
Angelo D. Calabrese		NASA Science Internet
angelo@nsipo.nasa.gov		Network Operations Center
1-415-604-4791			AMES Research Center