Date:      Fri, 8 May 1998 11:11:44 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Roger P. Johnson" <rpj@fep.hirshfields.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Does FreeBSD support DDS-3 SCSI tape drives ?

Hi,

    Just a simple question here that I can't find a definitive answer for:

    Does FreeBSD have a driver for SCSI DDS-3 tape drives ?

    If so, what are your expericences with them?
    Does compression work so I can do 24GB to these tapes ?
    Do you recommend them? if not what would you recommend.

    Any comments or experiences welcomed.

    I need to backup 9-12 GB's.

   Thanks,
     Roger