Date:      Mon, 12 Apr 1999 19:25:31 -0500
From:      "William S. Duncanson" <caesar@starkreality.com>
To:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   SMP broken in -CURRENT?

I haven't been able to get a working SMP kernel out of -CURRENT recently.
I don't know exactly when it broke, because I usually rebuild on a weekly
basis.  The kernel hangs after:
APIC_IO: Testing 8254 interrupt delivery
and doesn't ever come back (panic or otherwise).

The one thing that I noticed is that on the older kernels, CPU#1 is
launched after the APIC_IO Testing and Routing.  On the newer kernels,
CPU#1 is launched far earlier.

Anybody have any ideas?

On a side note, the pn0 driver appears to be broken (uniprocessor kernels
will boot, the pn0 device shows up, and is ifconfig'd, but there's no link
light on it.  It works fine with older (04/04/99) kernels).

William S. Duncanson                      caesar@starkreality.com
The driving force behind the NC is the belief that the companies who brought us
things like Unix, relational databases, and Windows can make an appliance that
is inexpensive and easy to use if they choose to do that.  -- Scott Adams