Date:      Mon, 15 May 2000 08:38:59 -0700
From:      Arun Sharma <adsharma@sharmas.dhs.org>
To:        andrews@technologist.com
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: **HEADS UP**  KDE2 -> ports tree

In muc.lists.freebsd.ports, you wrote:
> Everyone should consider this email a warning.  I have tried my best to
> ensure that users don't accidentally install KDE + KDE2 stuff at the same
> time.  I'm not sure it's even possible to have both kdelibs 1.x AND 2.x
> installed at the same time without a lot of trouble..

I have both KDE and KDE2 installed on my machine at the same time. The
switch can be done with the following script:

$ cat $HOME/.kde2
export KDEDIR=/home/adsharma/kde
export QTDIR=/home/adsharma/kde/qt-copy
export PATH=$KDEDIR/bin:$PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$KDEDIR/lib:$QTDIR/lib

Given that kde2 still has a lot of bugs and crashes, I'd expect everyone
to have KDE around for non development work.

How about changing the ports to install in say, /usr/local/kde2 ?

	-Arun