Date:      Fri, 20 Apr 2001 08:06:57 +0930 (CST)
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@trc.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Dialup only works from Windows

Hi all,

I've recently moved and am trying to configure ppp to work with my
fiancee's ISP.  I've not had any trouble like this before, so I'm
somewhat perplexed by what is going on and am hoping someone can
shed some light on it.

Simply put, authentication only seems to work when using Windows dialup
networking.  My fiancee's Win 95 and Win2k machines both happily connect.
However, when I try to connect using ppp I get an "Invalid user name/password
pair" message.  I'm trying this using ppp interactively.  I've verified the
correct username and password are being used, so thats not the
problem.  Interestingly, I get the same problem trying to connect
interactively using Windows 95 Hyperterminal to dial in.

Has anyone had a similar problem?  I'm sure I'm just missing a ppp
config option, but I can't work out what it is :(.

					regards, Greg