Date:      Thu, 25 Mar 1999 10:21:04 -0800
From:      Mike Thompson <miket@dnai.com>
To:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
Cc:        Gary Gaskell <gaskell@isrc.qut.edu.au>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Kerberos vs SSH

Matthew,

I know what you mean.  I am currently waiting to hear back from
DataFellows with regards to a quote for SSH v2.  We don't mind
paying for SSH, but the price of $495 (from their web site) a server
will certainly lead me to look for another solution if that price
indeed holds.  Also, it seems that SSH v2 does not support Kerberos
like SSH v1 (at least not yet) which makes centralized management
of keys and passwords a headache.

Mike